We are looking for you!
Patients and/or family members/caregivers who reside in Elgin!!
The Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Health, has introduced a new model of health care which is to be provided by Ontario Health Teams. The goal is to create better, more connected care, bringing together care service delivery and funding across various health sectors. This will enable patients, family caregivers, communities and service providers to innovate and work better together to plan, co-design and deliver health care in a more integrated fashion at the local level. Through a Steering Committee, health service providers of the Elgin community have started to collaborate to submit an application to plan and develop a local Ontario Health Team. We view patients, families and caregivers as important partners, essential in co-designing a better health system. We are currently seeking those who are interested in volunteering their time, voice and experience to contribute and participate in this process. This opportunity is for you if you…
- Feel comfortable to use and share your personal experience to help us understand what the health system looks like from the patient or family caregiver perspective;
- Feel comfortable advising on how we can work with patients, families and communities to improve health care services;
- Have an interest in reviewing and providing input on documents throughout the Ministry of Health application process;
- Are willing to listen objectively to others’ perspectives, opinions, experiences and suggestions;
- Feel comfortable engaging in a constructive and respectful dialogue;
- Can commit approximately 2 to 3 hours per month over the next 1 to 2 years.
Please complete this survey by Friday, January 3, 2020 to express your interest or share this survey with someone you know who would be a great person for this role. If you are unable to complete the survey online, you may also contact Dana Borrie, Patient Experience Specialist at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital by emailing email@example.com or calling 519-631-2030 ext. 2704 to express your interest.
Those who are not selected to work with the steering committee will be invited to participate in future working groups and focus groups to gain more feedback about health care in Elgin.