East Elgin Family Health Team has developed and implemented a wide variety of programs and initiatives, allowing healthcare professionals to link patients to specific programs and workshop sessions within our team to meet their specific healthcare needs.
The East Elgin Family Health Team offers you a variety of nutrition programs run by our registered dietitians. All programs are FREE and available to anyone – you don’t have to be a patient of the East Elgin Family Health Team to participate.
+ Community Outreach (Nutrition)
- Do you have a group interested in learning more about nutrition? Our registered dietitians Donna and Cindy will develop a presentation based on your group’s nutritional interests. Examples of past presentations have included a review of the new Canada’s Food Guide, sport nutrition strategies, and heart health. To learn more or sign up for this program, please call Cindy at 519-773-3715 ext 135. **Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only doing virtual presentations until further notice.**
+ Craving Change
- Craving Change is a free 4 week how-to workshop for changing your relationship with food. It can help you understand why you eat the way you do and manage your food cravings more effectively. This program can be helpful if you struggle with emotional eating. For more information and to register, call Cindy at 519-773-3715 Ext. 135 **Note: This program in currently on hold until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are interested in registering for future groups, we encourage you to contact us and we will keep your name on the wait list.**
+ Feeding Your Baby
- In this class, our Registered Dietitian provides information and tools for caregivers on how to safely introduce solids to babies. We will discuss the Canadian dietary guidelines on when and how to introduce different solids. Topics include nutrients of concern, texture progression, baby-led weaning and more! For more information or to register, call Cindy at 519-773-3715 ext 135. **Note: This class is now available in a virtual format.**
+ Get Heart Smart!
- The Get Heart Smart Program is a weekly group program that runs for a total of four weeks. If you have heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or just want to keep your heart healthy, this is the program for you! We discuss what you can do to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels, how to use food labels, practical tips for managing your stress, and much more! This program also includes a nutrition-focused tour through a local grocery store. Register today by calling Cindy at 519-773-3715 ext. 135. **Note: This group program is now available in virtual format.**
+ Healthy Lifestyle Balance (formerly Group Lifestyle Balance)
- The Healthy Lifestyle Balance (formerly Group Lifestyle BalanceTM) program provides education, encouragement and the tools necessary to help you reach your healthy lifestyle goals. The program aims to help individuals with achieve a balanced lifestyle through sustainable nutrition and physical activity strategies. In addition, this program has the potential to help individuals with prediabetes significantly reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Groups meet weekly for the first 3 months and then monthly from 3 – 12 months. To learn more or sign up for this free virtual program, please call Donna Lowes at 519-773-3715 ext 136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ You’re The Chef
- Learn how to cook delicious, nutritious, inexpensive meals and snacks with our registered dietitians Justine and Cindy. This is a 4-week program. To learn more or sign up for this program, call Cindy at 519-773-3715 ext 135 or Donna at ext 136. **Note: This program in currently on hold until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are interested in registering for future groups, we encourage you to contact us and we will keep your name on the wait list.**