East Elgin Family Health Team has developed and implemented a wide variety of programs and initiatives, allowing healthcare professionals to link patients to specific programs and workshop sessions within our team to meet their specific healthcare needs.
The East Elgin Family Health Team offers you a variety of nutrition programs run by our registered dietitians. All programs are FREE and available to anyone – you don’t have to be a patient of the East Elgin Family Health Team to participate.
+ Community Outreach (Nutrition)
- Do you have a group interested in learning more about nutrition? Our registered dietitians Justine and Cindy will develop a presentation based on your group’s nutritional interests. Examples of past presentations have included a review of the new Canada’s Food Guide, sport nutrition strategies, and heart health. To learn more or sign up for this program, please call Cindy at 519-773-3715 ext 135 or Justine at ext 136.
+ Craving Change
- Craving Change is a free 4 week how-to workshop for changing your relationship with food. It can help you understand why you eat the way you do and manage your food cravings more effectively. This program can be helpful if you struggle with emotional eating. For more information and to register, call Cindy at 519-773-3715 Ext. 135
+ Feeding Your Baby
- This class provides information and tools for those caregivers interested in learning more about how to safely introduce solids to babies. This class provides awareness about Canadian dietary guidelines on when and how to introduce different solids. Topics include nutrients of concern, texture progression, baby-led weaning and more! This class is also available one-on-one. For more information or to register, call Cindy at 519-773-3715 ext 135.
+ Get Heart Smart!
- The Get Heart Smart Program is a weekly group program that runs for a total of four weeks. If you have heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or just want to keep your heart healthy, this is the program for you! We discuss what you can do to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels, how to use food labels, practical tips for managing your stress, and much more! This program also includes a nutrition-focused tour through a local grocery store. Register today by calling Cindy at 519-773-3715 ext. 135.
+ Group Lifestyle Balance
- The Group Lifestyle BalanceTM (GLB) program provides education, encouragement and the tools necessary to help you reach your healthy lifestyle goals. The program aims to help individuals with weight management through healthy, sustainable nutrition and physical activity strategies. In addition, this program has been demonstrated to help individuals with prediabetes significantly reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Groups meet weekly for the first 3 months and then monthly from 3 – 12 months. To learn more or sign up for this free program, please call Justine at 519-773-3715 ext 136.
+ You’re The Chef
- Learn how to cook delicious, nutritious, inexpensive meals and snacks with our registered dietitians Justine and Cindy. This is a 4-week program. To learn more or sign up for this program, call Cindy at 519-773-3715 ext 135 or Justine at ext 136.