The East Elgin Family Health Team’s services are provided for patients rostered to the Family Health Team and are delivered through booked appointments only.
+ Chronic Obstructive Pulmunary Disease (COPD)
- Care provided by Respiratory Therapist who works with our Team on Thursdays.
+ Diabetic Education Clinic
- Through a partnership with West Elgin Community Health Centre, care is provided to diabetic patients and community members.
+ Diabetic Foot Care and Wound Care
- Care provided by RPN who is a foot care and wound care specialist.
+ Mental Health/Counseling Services
- Care provided by Team Social Worker.
- Nutrition services provided by a Registered Dietitian
+ Obstetrical/Gynecological Care
- Care provided by Dr. Urian, OB/GYN on Wednesday afternoons.
+ Pre and Post Natal Program
- At the East Elgin FHT, our Nurse Practitioners (NP's) are dedicated to increasing access to pre and post-natal health care for pregnant women and new mothers. The goal is to increase access to health care, preventative care and promote health by providing comprehensive medical care until 32 weeks gestation as guided by the antenatal record. Our NP's use the Rourke Baby Record, which is a system many Canadian healthcare professionals use for well-baby and well-child visits for infants and children from 1 week to 5 years of age. Children at the Family Health Team will receive comprehensive care and immunizations during their well-baby and well-child visits.
+ Smoking Cessation
- Quitting smoking is the single most important thing you can do for your health! If you are ready to quit and looking for help, the Nurse Practitioners at the East Elgin Family Health Team offer counselling and free nicotine replacement therapy to rostered patients.